Tuesday, November 13: Dr. Stephen Chou will speak at the Identifying Gifted Students of Color Conference, at the Nueva School, San Mateo, CA. Join experts, educators, and students in conversations about supporting gifted children of color. Dr. Joy Lawson Davis will be the Keynote Speaker. Register for this FREE event at igscconference2018.eventbrite.com.
November 15-18: Annual National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) Conference, Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Dan Peters will co-present on “Use of the WISC-V for Gifted and Twice Exceptional Identification” and “Stealth Dyslexia: Still Flying Under the Radar.” Dr. Susan Daniels will speak on “Outside the Lines: Let’s Have a Look at Visual Thinking, Imagination, and Creativity.” More information at https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/NAGC/.
February 22-24: California Association for Gifted (CAG) Annual Conference, Palm Springs, CA. Parent and educator sessions will be scheduled. More information at http://cagifted.org/.
Thursday, March 14: Dr. Dan Peters will speak on Interpreting Test Results for Dyslexia, 7:00 pm, at the Bella Vista Elementary School Library, San Ramon, CA. More information to come.
Summit Center founders Dr. Dan Peters and Dr. Susan Daniels are available to speak to your school, parent group, conference, or other event. They are experienced speakers for conference keynotes, plenaries, webinars, workshops, and more, having presented at the National Association for Gifted annual conference, California Association for Gifted, Central Cities Conference, and at other state-wide and national meetings.
Dr. Peters and Dr. Daniels and their staff are available to speak on the following topics:
- Living with Intensity – Overexcitabilities in Gifted Youth
- Gifted Kids on the Edge: At-Risk and At-Promise
- Taming the Worry Monster: Anxiety in Gifted and 2e Youth
- Avoiding Avoidance: Just Use Your Disaster Supply Kit
- Gifted and Learning Disabled: What Can We Do?
- Building Fortitude in Gifted Youth
- Perfectionism in the Gifted
- Organization for the Creative Mind
- Raising Creative Kids
- Developing Differentiated Education Plans
- Bringing it all Together: Integrative Assessment and Educational Planning for Gifted Youth
- Diagnosis and Misdiagnosis of Gifted Youth
- The Essence of the Gifted Person
- Passion for Learning Beyond Kindergarten: The Power of Choice