Tuesday, March 5: First day of Virtual Advanced Parent Discussion Group For Parents of Gifted and 2e Children, facilitated by Kathleen Crombie, M.A., M.Ed., meets through the Zoom video platform on Tuesday afternoons, 1:00pm-2:30pm (Pacific time). Recommended for past participants of an introductory SENG Model Discussion Group, or those who have read A Parents Guide to Gifted Children by Dr. James Webb, et al. More information at https://conta.cc/2T0Ki82.
Thursday, March 14: The Tri-Valley Dyslexia Support Group presents Dr. Dan Peters, speaking on Identifying Dyslexia, 7:00 pm, at the Bella Vista Elementary School Library, San Ramon, CA. More information.
Friday, March 15: Dr. Jeannie Lopez will speak on “The Value of Building a Team Approach in the Treatment of Auditory Processing Disorders” (with Donna Geffner) at the California Speech Language & Hearing Association’s annual convention in Pasadena. https://www.csha.org/Education/Annual-Convention.
Tuesday, March 26: Dr. Dan Peters will speak at the Lafayette PTA Parent Education Series on “Preparing Your Child for Life: Teaching Coping, Problem Solving and Resilience,” 6:30 pm, Lafayette Elementary School, Lafayette, CA. More information to come.
Tuesday, April 16: Dr. Dan Peters will speak at Quarry Lane School’s Parent Education Series on “Life Lessons: Teaching our Children Resilience, Coping and Problem-Solving Skills,” 6:30 pm, Quarry Lane School, Dublin, CA. More information and link to register.
Summit Center founders Dr. Dan Peters and Dr. Susan Daniels are available to speak to your school, parent group, conference, or other event. They are experienced speakers for conference keynotes, plenaries, webinars, workshops, and more, having presented at the National Association for Gifted annual conference, California Association for Gifted, Central Cities Conference, and at other state-wide and national meetings.
Dr. Peters and Dr. Daniels and their staff are available to speak on the following topics:
- Living with Intensity – Overexcitabilities in Gifted Youth
- Gifted Kids on the Edge: At-Risk and At-Promise
- Taming the Worry Monster: Anxiety in Gifted and 2e Youth
- Avoiding Avoidance: Just Use Your Disaster Supply Kit
- Gifted and Learning Disabled: What Can We Do?
- Building Fortitude in Gifted Youth
- Perfectionism in the Gifted
- Organization for the Creative Mind
- Raising Creative Kids
- Developing Differentiated Education Plans
- Bringing it all Together: Integrative Assessment and Educational Planning for Gifted Youth
- Diagnosis and Misdiagnosis of Gifted Youth
- The Essence of the Gifted Person
- Passion for Learning Beyond Kindergarten: The Power of Choice