Summit Center is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy applies to the Summit Center’s collection and use of personal data in connection with our website, client support and other services (collectively, the “Services”). For example, personal data may be collected if you are a client, visit the website, or interact with us in person or during lectures or webinars. The terms “personal data” or “personal information” refer to information that can reasonably identify an individual.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal data that you provide to us by using the website, submitting ‘Contact Us’ forms, or otherwise interacting with us. Personal information is requested when you subscribe to email newsletters or complete an online form.
This web site does not collect, retain, or display information regarding any person’s individual health, health history, or health records.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Information Requests: We send you information you request about Summit Center.
- Marketing Communications: We may contact you about stories, news, updates, and promotions, usually via email newsletter. If you would no longer like to receive such emails, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions at the end of each email. Your email address will be removed from our email list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. To opt out of being contacted by any other communication methods, please contact us at email@example.com
- Compliance and Safety: We may use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations and to identify and remediate suspected or actual fraudulent activity or security incidents.
Information Collected from Children
Summit Center is compliant with all federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requirements. The Summit Center website is a general audience site, and we do not sell products to children or collect the private information of children under the age of 13. Summit Center does not sell your or any site visitors’ personal information.
Links to and Embeds from Other Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites that we do not control. We also embed content from other sites, such as YouTube videos that are hosted at YouTube.com. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites, the services or products described or offered on such sites or any of the content contained on those sites.
Summit Center currently utilizes YouTube as a hosting service for embedded videos. Please review YouTube’s Terms of Service here.
A cookie is a piece of information that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are commonly used by websites to improve the user experience and have not been known to transmit computer viruses or otherwise harm your computer. Many cookies last only through a single website visit. Others may have an expiration date or may remain on your computer until you delete them.
Our cookies will track only your activity relating to your online activity on this website, and will not track your other Internet activity.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our Services or website features. For example, if you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from Summit Center’s website, you may need to re-enter your personal information each time that you attempt to fill out a form.
Certain pages on our website contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) affords California consumers additional privacy protections, including the right to know what information we collect, disclose, and sell, as well as the right to request correction or deletion of your data.
For a description of the data we collect and the categories of sources of such information, please refer to the “Personal Information We Collect” above. We use this data for the purposes outlined in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section.
Summit Center does not sell your personal information.
To make a consumer access request, request your data be deleted, or opt out of sale, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request. Authorized agents may be used to submit rights requests, in which case we will take steps to verify your identity and confirm that the agent has authority to act on your behalf.
Web Accessibility Policy
Summit Center is committed to full website accessibility for all of our website visitors. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our online content. To ensure accessibility we:
- Adopted a web accessibility policy.
- Implemented training on web accessibility for our web editors.
- Are in the midst of website development to meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance that will meet the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Are planning in future to conduct annual accessibility audits and continually review this website to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
Do you need assistance accessing something on our website? Contact us by telephone: (925) 939-7500 or email: email@example.com
For more information on web accessibility:
- Leasing, selling, copying, sublicensing, transferring, or assigning any information, intellectual property, goods, or services provided on this site.
- Using this site for any illegal purpose.
- Gaining unauthorized access to Summit Center’s data or the data of other users.
- Altering, modifying, adapting, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking Summit Center’s intellectual property.
- Altering or modifying another website to falsely imply that it is associated with this website.
- Using or exporting Summit Center’s information, products, or services in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations.
- Violating anyone else’s legal rights (for example, privacy rights) or any laws (for example, copyright laws) in the user’s jurisdiction.
- Using this website or Summit Center’s services to transmit content that could be deemed unlawful, threatening, harassing, racist, abusive, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, including any messages constituting or encouraging criminal conduct.
- Breaching, or attempting to breach, this website’s security systems and
Service Interruptions and Updates
Term, Termination, and Survival
This Agreement shall be effective as of the date (the “Effective Date”) you accept the terms herein or first access, download or use any of the services or information (collectively, the “Services”) on this site and shall remain in effect for so long as you use or access any of the Services (the “Term”). Upon termination of the Term, you shall no longer be permitted to use or access the Services. The terms herein that contemplate obligations after the Term, including but not limited to Prohibited Uses, Service Interruptions and Updates, Term, Termination, and Survival, Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance, Indemnification and Limitation of Liability, shall survive termination.
Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance
Users are the exclusive owners of their own personal information. Summit Center will not be held responsible for website users or other parties infringing upon any intellectual property rights of third parties.
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
The content on this summitcenter.us web site is Copyrighted with All Rights Reserved. Research information and images may be used only for educational purposes and must cite Summit Center in documentation. No artwork, however, may be reproduced without written permission by Summit Center.
Images licensed via Shutterstock and other providers.
Last updated January 14, 2022
How to reach us
700 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Ste. 320
Walnut Creek, CA 9459
Phone: (925) 939-7500