August 3-6: SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Children) annual national conference, Chicago Marriott Naperville. This year’s event, “In our Hands, Creating New Possibilities” features 6 Keynote presentations, 8 distinct session strands, a Welcome Reception, Children’s Program, Exhibitor Hall and new in 2017 – Voices Live! Keynote speakers include Summit Center’s Dr. Susan Daniels, Scott Barry Kaufman, and Sharon Duncan. Learn more at http://sengifted.org/.
October 13-14: 2e Center for Research and Professional Development at Bridges Academy will host their annual Symposium. Dr. Dan Peters will speak on parenting. More information to come.
November 9-12: Annual National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) Conference, Charlotte, NC. More information at http://www.nagc.org.
Summit Center founders Dr. Dan Peters and Dr. Susan Daniels are available to speak to your school, parent group, conference, or other event. They are experienced speakers for conference keynotes, plenaries, webinars, workshops, and more, having presented at the National Association for Gifted annual conference, California Association for Gifted, Central Cities Conference, and at other state-wide and national meetings.
Dr. Peters and Dr. Daniels and their staff are available to speak on the following topics:
- Living with Intensity – Overexcitabilities in Gifted Youth
- Gifted Kids on the Edge: At-Risk and At-Promise
- Taming the Worry Monster: Anxiety in Gifted and 2e Youth
- Avoiding Avoidance: Just Use Your Disaster Supply Kit
- Gifted and Learning Disabled: What Can We Do?
- Building Fortitude in Gifted Youth
- Perfectionism in the Gifted
- Organization for the Creative Mind
- Raising Creative Kids
- Developing Differentiated Education Plans
- Bringing it all Together: Integrative Assessment and Educational Planning for Gifted Youth
- Diagnosis and Misdiagnosis of Gifted Youth
- The Essence of the Gifted Person
- Passion for Learning Beyond Kindergarten: The Power of Choice