January 17: Dr. Dan Peters will speak with Johnny Tan of “From My Mama’s Kitchen” Talk Radio on parent awareness “We will be discussing the single most important predictor of how we parent is how we were parented. By becoming more aware, you can create your own vision of successful parenting and choose the footprints that you want to pass on to your children and grandchildren.” Visit blogtalkradio.com to learn more and listen live on Tuesday, January 17 at 8:00 am Pacific (10:00 am Central, 11:00 am Eastern).
January 25: Summit Center Webinar – Supporting Smart Girls, 11:00 am Pacific. Smart girls in today’s culture experience a lot of ups and downs. In this one-hour webinar, Dr. Lisa White, licensed psychologist, discusses the difficulty of being a smart girl, cool things, expectations, trouble with fitting in at school and with peers, and what parents and teachers can do to help. Recorded for later viewing. Learn more and register.
February 27: Dr. Dan Peters will speak on “Parenting with Purpose: How self-awareness leads to a vision of successful parenting,” at Athena Academy, Palo Alto, CA. Free. More information & tickets.
March 4-5: California Association for the Gifted 55th Annual Conference, Sheraton Hotel and Marina San Diego, California. Programs for both teachers and parents. Learn more at http://www.cagifted.org/.
Summit Center founders Dr. Dan Peters and Dr. Susan Daniels are available to speak to your school, parent group, conference, or other event. They are experienced speakers for conference keynotes, plenaries, webinars, workshops, and more, having presented at the National Association for Gifted annual conference, California Association for Gifted, Central Cities Conference, and at other state-wide and national meetings.
Dr. Peters and Dr. Daniels and their staff are available to speak on the following topics:
- Living with Intensity – Overexcitabilities in Gifted Youth
- Gifted Kids on the Edge: At-Risk and At-Promise
- Taming the Worry Monster: Anxiety in Gifted and 2e Youth
- Avoiding Avoidance: Just Use Your Disaster Supply Kit
- Gifted and Learning Disabled: What Can We Do?
- Building Fortitude in Gifted Youth
- Perfectionism in the Gifted
- Organization for the Creative Mind
- Raising Creative Kids
- Developing Differentiated Education Plans
- Bringing it all Together: Integrative Assessment and Educational Planning for Gifted Youth
- Diagnosis and Misdiagnosis of Gifted Youth
- The Essence of the Gifted Person
- Passion for Learning Beyond Kindergarten: The Power of Choice